(updated: 7 June 2021)
We are currently closed to new submissions. - Please note for future reference that our submissions guidelines have CHANGED SUBSTANTIALLY.
What are we looking for?
"...couldn't put it down..." - "...I laughed so loud my neighbour came knocking..." - "... this made me laugh and cry and feel with the characters..." - "...edge-of-seat stuff..." - "...they feel like friends..." - "...story haunted me long after I finished reading it..."
So, our emphasis is on Story. And on characters. And on fast-paced, deep impact, moving stuff. Stories that entangle the reader and won't let go.
Oh, and... if you have instead written a textbook on Orthopthology or chocolate chip cookies, please feel free to submit this too. With a motivation why you wrote it.
Submit your manuscript by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Copy-paste the link into your email client.
Adventure | YA (all) | Fantasy | Science Fiction | General Fiction | Romance | Goth | Supernatural | Children's Picture Books | Younger Readers | Comedy | Crime | Mystery | Other2. Non-Fiction:
Financial Advisors | Life Coaching | Teaching Material | Music Books | Multimedia | Other
Information and Resources
What does this mean?
Before you submit, check the following:
- Is the story complete, and coherent?
- Is the grammar and spelling correct and consistent?
- Has someone - friend, relative or a beta reader (find them on Goodreads) read the story to check for logic, consistency, flow and plot-holes? (Please include the name of your beta reader in the submissions letter, we would like to ensure they are mentioned in the acknowledgements.)
- If the story includes images, we require the author to source and collaborate with the illustrator as well as layout artist; we will accept a fully laid-out children's book manuscript for consideration.
- P'kaboo Services (in beta): P'kaboo Services links writers to relevant artists and editors who will help you get your manuscript publishing ready. Use of P'kaboo Services does not compel you to publish with us; nor does it compel us to accept your manuscript.
- Beta Readers: These you can find on Goodreads, Facebook and other social media.
- Most sites like Lulu.com, BookBaby and so on offer such services without compelling you to publish on their site.
- Friends and family, old English teacher, university students...
If you battle to find the relevant people to help you with illustrations, layout, editing and beta-reading, here are a few suggestions:
We will edit your manuscript again (every publishing house does), but we don't teach authors how to write. Our edits will merely be lightweight surface edits to remove some literals, and not the deep, contextual editing authors used to get from us. If you submit a sub-standard manuscript, we will not accept it for publication.
You can bring with you a high-quality, fully suitable and marketable cover graphic for which you can prove you hold the copyright. Else, the graphic design is up to us. Your preferences will be noted.
Some Steps for submitting.
- Make sure your manuscript is complete. (This goes for non-fiction books too. We don't work with proposals.)
- Have someone beta-read it for you critically. A fresh pair of eyes will pick up plot holes and lengths that are not obvious to you.
- IMPORTANT: Get it pre-edited. We don't accept manuscripts that are unedited. - For some resources, look at "Information and Resources".
- What to send: Your final manuscript. Send it by email and write us a cover letter with a 1-paragraph synopsis.
(Click here for a good article on how to write a synopsis.)
Formats we accept:
- .doc, .docx, .odt, .rtf and .txt
- We cannot process PDF files, regrets.
- You can use your name or pen name at this phase; we will need your full name once contracts are under discussion.
- We don't need your bio yet unless you are submitting non-fiction, in which case we want to know how you are qualified to write about your topic.
- Wait for our feedback. Give us 6 weeks grace to read your submission; if you want to enquire whether we have received your manuscript, do so soon after submitting. (As a rule, if we received it you'll get an acknowledgement of receipt.)
Submit a manuscript
Copy-paste this address into your email program to send us a manuscript: